1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Every day is different, I am constantly working on really interesting things with lots of different people. I do some admin work but the majority of the work I do is more interesting in depth work. We are always working in teams and have the opportunity to be interacting with clients.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
We are constantly working on developing new skills. We have a lot of training sessions both internally and time at college. I feel as though we have had a lot of chances to develop and are constantly supported every step of the way which makes it much easier to progress.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have thoroughly enjoyed the programme so far, it has been challenging but rewarding and I have been made to feel part of the teams from the off. I enjoy working on a a wide variety of clients and developing my knowledge from the exams further in a work environment.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It has been very well structured so far. We have had a lot of introductions and training, we are aware of what is needed from us over the next few years in order to progress and it has been easy to find work to meet those objectives with the help of our coaches and leaders.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The support has been amazing, we have many different levels of support around us, from more informal buddy systems to more formal people leaders. Every level is more than willing to help with any query or issue you may have and have always been very friendly which make them more approachable.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
The support from the training provider is there when it is needed. However, so far it has mainly been self study so we have had little interaction with the training provider. The services they offer haven't been completely effective which has made it harder to revise, but they are helpful when issues occur.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The things we are learning from our exams are used most days at work which has made the studying much easier. We get to see how the things we learn apply to clients in the real world and read and assist with technical pieces that are sent out to clients.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are a lot of out of work activities that are available to get involved in. I have been out of the office a lot so haven't yet had the chance to attend many of these, but there are monthly socials along with other sport or social events more regularly.
9a. Would you recommend Deloitte to a friend?
It has been a great place to work so far. Everyone I work with is really friendly, there is a great atmosphere in the office, you have a lot of support both in work and in the exams. I am happy in my job and feel that it is a great place to work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Deloitte?
Be yourself, prepare, be friendly to the others on the assessment day and try and relax, everyone is really friendly. I found that the interview was quite pleasant and as long as you had prepared in advance the questions were not trying to catch you out. The earlier process was more challenging but still quite good.
More from DeloitteMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!