1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is to neatly fold and display clothing items within my sub-section and general tidiness of the store. My role is also to help customers with any queries/ problems they may have. I can be expected to go serve on tills and do returns from fitting rooms to shop floor.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have developed a lot of existing skills within this programme. So far specifically about the importance of customers. I have been customer service trained since joining the programme internally. I have also learnt a lot more information about the business through doing the apprenticeship. Overall it is developing me as a worker,
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy my programme. It gives me a sense of achievement especially as I love learning and retaining more information. It has given me a spark of motivation withing my life and work place by having something to aim for. It meets my expectations very well as I didn't expect it to be so in depth.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme is mostly well organised. It is hard because we are a big organisation so to get every manager and staff on board with the programme when so much is going on is pretty hard. But saying that they all encourage and give us support in completing this course.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a lot of support from my employer and I know if I had any issues with my course my managers and supervises would be more then happy to help me. They regularly ask me how it is going on and if I need any extra time on the course they are more the happy to make that possible for me.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
As I have said previously, they are more then happy to help me with any training or support I need. All I need to do is raise the point and sometimes keep asking then they provide me with whatever I need. They have a very positive attitude towards supporting me.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I feel this qualification helps me perform better in my role because it has really opened my awareness to things around me and im constantly wondering how I can improve myself. I feel like I know so much more about my role and the retail industry as a whole and i am glad for that.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
No I dont think my company offers that as far as I know. We have a notice board where we can put things to do outside of work and there may be special offers to join somewhere with company discount but apart from that I dont know of any thing else that we offer.
9a. Would you recommend Primark to a friend?
Itis a good way for whoever is in control of this to monitor how well different sections are performing from our point of view and see if there is any areas that need to be improved and paid special attention. Also good to see how different courses are different.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Primark?
I would say that you need to be truthful and write about your own personal experience just say however you feel about your course. Take on board all the experiences and opportunities there are and make sure to prepare well for assessment days and just overall try your absolute best