1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assisting with the Section planner on day to day. to go out on site and oversee the progress made. 3 week look programmes. going out on site checking for as built progress along the construction job with the various engineering teams such as drainage, pavement, structures etc. i also ask and get the week's outputs from the different engineering teams.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
further develop my existing skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoyed a new challenge and industry and the experiences and opportunities i have been given. i have found the college or training course has been easier for me to understand what is been tasked for me at college due to the fantastic site experience that i am getting on the A14 project.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
i would like to think the structure of the programme is to a high standard. however i feel for the work based evidence has not been organised very well due to clarity from the college at the beginning of the course and a late start for the learning aspect. however it has picked momentum but been very slow.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are the opportunities from extra curricular events, i am a STEM Ambassador and have visited schools and been to the various careers events.
9a. Would you recommend Costain to a friend?
Very staff friendly company to work for with good rewards.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain?
Apply for more than one role. Be yourself.
More from CostainMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!