1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Inspection on fabricated goods and the documentation to accompany it. this includes material certificates, consumables and welder qualifications.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
MPI, DPI, Inspection
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Have not enjoyed the constant uncertainties regarding what was happening with our programme. this includes next steps and future exams.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The structure and organisation of our apprenticeship is a disgrace. An example of this is one of the exams we were due to sit we were given one weeks notice on the content of it and that content we had never seen before.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Very little support and as the programme has progressed we have been seemingly forgotten about and left to get on with it ourselves.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
No support from training provider
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The qualifications I currently have are through external training and I feel sufficiently trained to carry out those tasks.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend Sellafield Ltd to a friend?
The lack of organisation and transparency has lead to a very poor situation for ourselves in that we currently do not know which direction we are heading.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Sellafield Ltd?