- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Savers to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Savers?
As a manager I oversee the running of the store. Making sure the staff are working to their full potentials and we as a business as profitable and legal. I help train other members in my store and set goals within the team. I work towards company goals and make sure customer service is the forefront of everything we as a store do.
My people skills have been upgraded and I felt that having this qualification has helped me understand the running and profitability of my store. I have become more approachable and empathetic to my team. My store has come on a lot and has done a lot of supporting to me
My programme gave me a focus in business. It has opened my eyes to my lack of people skills and communication errors I have fallen short of in the past. I have enjoyed this programme as I have been doing my job for many years and now I have a qualification to support my experience
The programme was very well structured and I was able to complete quickly with full support of my tutor. He was very professional and always available to help should I need it. It was very organised and I was able to complete my daily targets on every visit. The goals were set within my own timeframe and I was able to complete outside of work with extra support at the end of the phone
My manager was very supportive throughout the apprenticeship programme as was my tutor. Any question I had at anytime of the day I could get the help I needed. This definitely helped me as I was able to see from others points of view and receive up to date feedback
My tutor was always available to speak with and allowed me time to complete tasks I didn’t fully understand without any issues. I felt he was extremely supportive and without him I wouldn’t have passed. He pushed me into believing in myself as I didn’t think I would pass
I am now able to fully understand the running of my store and why we run the way we do. I can undertake nearly all jobs given to me and share the work load which I found extremely difficult in the past. I also have the confidence in saying no to things and not undertaking to much at once
The only activities we undertake are team nights out. This was hard for me as I have social anxiety and find it hard to mix in groups. Having done this course I am more confident and find it easier to talk to people that aren’t in my direct circle
Savers is a fantastic company to work for. It is extremely hard work but a company that will look after you and support you 100%. I have worked for savers for 5 years and I have grown as a person as well as a team player. I feel that savers don’t look at me as a number but as a contributing member of the team
Just be yourself. No one in savers is judgmental. I always thought I couldn’t get anywhere in the company as I have tattos and bright red hair and I didn’t think I could be the face of anything! I have since learnt that these quirks are what make me ! I am confident in myself therefore confident in my job
Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)
FMCG & Retail
East of England