1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Helping with customer enquiries when they call through. Calls will vary from either billing, homemove, tariff change, lead generation and direct selling
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
No. Didn't learn any applicable skills from the apprenticeship, the learnings from the apprenticeship were not applicable or anything new. If anything, just forced on the phone to take calls, no time to review customer experience etc
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
To be completely honest, I did not enjoy the programme at all. From my interview, the apprenticeship was completely advertised wrong, were promised things that never happened, vital information was withheld which resulted in me going through the process under completely different understanding.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Organisation was poor. Poor communication from the board to trainers, grateful for the trainers I had because the content etc that was set up was shocking and we had to get help from trainers to go to the board directly to get answers.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Minimal support from employer. Support only came from trainers, who went out of their way to help us because the business was failing miserably to support us. Giving us time off the phone to work/ study etc. The business did not care about our apprenticeship, only wanted us to take calls.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Loads of help, gave us structure and understanding of what was expected of us. Went out of their way to help, where the business did not care
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
None, learnt nothing about customer service whilst doing the apprenticeship, was just treated like another advisor.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
I guess but none in help with our development or was advertised to us
9a. Would you recommend Centrica British Gas to a friend?
Because the business mislead us in the apprenticeship programme and just used us as cheaper agents with less support
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Centrica British Gas?
Be prepared to do more work or go higher to get answers
More from Centrica British GasMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!