1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
as an apprentice hgv technician I start off by cleaning up everyday and emptying the bins also. after this I will be put on with a fully qualified technician and I will watch and help him with what he is doing. I also wash trucks that are going for MOT.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned many new skills since I've started such as how to use a digital multi meter, how to do an MOT inspection, how to take out a gearbox and much more. I have also developed my existing skills by my knowledge about tools and also about engines and how trucks works.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy the programme I am in, I am very happy were I am and that I've got this opportunity to learn about trucks. in my workplace everyone is very helpful so you will never be left stuck. although It can be quite challenging I really like what I'm doing.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the programme is very well organised. the programme that I am in needs to be well structured as hundreds and possibly thousands of boys and girls getting put through it every year. a lot of planning must go through my programme as we go down to college every few months and they must sort out our flights many months in advanced
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
from my employer I receive a lot of support, anything I need to know or any worries I have I can go and ask them whenever I want. they keep me up to date with everything and they want me and all the other apprentices to become the best possible technician that we can be.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I receive plenty of support from my training provider as we are allocated our own mentor for each region. I keep in contact with mine fairly regular and he comes in to see me at least once a month. when he comes in he will give me tasks to do for the next time he comes in to see me and he goes over how I am doing at college.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I think the qualification that I receive through my training provider is a massive part of how I perform in my job role. I am always learning in this job and without the qualification I would struggle with getting to know about how a truck works and what I need know to fix them.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
yes we have plenty of extra - curricular activities to get involved in at my work such as days out and nights out. we have sites to go on to do extra college work and extra studying which is very helpful for when you have a test or an exam coming up.
9a. Would you recommend MOTUS Commercials to a friend?
I would highly recommend imperial commercials to a friend because they are very helpful and they are all for the staff. I feel the company supports me in every aspect of my apprenticeship. they bring out the best qualities in all the boys that work here. they are a massive company.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to MOTUS Commercials?
I would highly recommend that you are interested in trucks and cars and if your not this is not a job for you, all the work and the effort that goes in to getting you your qualification is a lot if you are not willing to put in the time
More from MOTUS CommercialsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!