1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was a work experience student and I was required to do inventory tasks, research, draft response letters, admin work, complete checks on land certificates, check power of attorneys, plan and complete the news bulletin, track down agreements, summarize and take out points needed in cases
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed research skills, as well as clearer communication skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoyed my programme and would highly recommend it to other students. The team was very friendly and the company endorses the values which I myself have so it was a perfect company for me to work in
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
I was regularly given feedback and pointers on every task I completed. I was very involved in many tasks suited to my ability and challenging me at the same time
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organized, we were met by the HR team who first gave us a background on the firm. Then the normal health and safety talks. from there on we had a talk for 45 mins every morning giving us a bit more of a background on the company
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I gained a lot of support from my trainee's as they regularly checked to see that I was doing okay
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I received the most support through the trainee's and summer students. they made sure I was working at a level that challenged me and also gave me feedback throughout my week at Pinsent Masons
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are, however due to the limited period of my stay at Pinsent Masons I was unable to get involved
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and it definitely highlighted to me the work that a commercial/cooperate company is involved in
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Make sure you read over your application to proof read for errors, also highlight why you would fit in at Pinsent Masons
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!