Plumbing Apprentice at Pimlico Plumbers

Central London & City
August 2014

7.8/10

Working with a plumbing and heating engineer facing everyday problems within domestic properties, can be any scale of job from a dripping tap to a complete heating system renewal.

I have learnt many new skills through working four days a week on the job and learing skills physically and a real life situation. Learning theory and practical sides to heating and plumbing at college and applying them to when I work.

I enjoy the physical side, where you are the solution to people's plumbing issues and being a part of sorting that out can be rewarding. For myself I find it beneficial to gain knowledge from both college and work.

4. How valued do you feel by Pimlico Plumbers?

I do feel valued through the work, often people need an extra pair of hands and are grateful for the help

I believe it's going well I get regular sure visits from the assessor, who work with my college and also my employers. They all have a chat and evaluate my performance

A good amount he is always there to help me whenever I am in need

A good amount of support if I am in need of anything they are always there

It's hard to balance you in and out goings but it's part of being an apprentice and everyone goes through that stage

N/A

9. Would you recommend Pimlico Plumbers to a friend?

Getting paid whilst you learn, your learning a skill which you can develop and use for the rest of your life.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pimlico Plumbers?

Think about what your going into? You need to enjoy it It's a career and worth it in the end