1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role involves helping trainees with their day to day jobs. This varies massively from researching investment opportunities in different countries to looking at more complex legal issues.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have become much more confident and developed my writing skills as well as independent research skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Enjoyable: very nice and welcoming ready to answer any questions I had
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
Time and effort has really gone into the scheme making me feel extremely valued.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
There is a schedule of daily tasks accompanied by presentations every morning. This means I can easily plan my week.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I think they strike the perfect balance between help and leaving you on your own which is character building. It gives you a much more realistic view of what is involved as a trainee in a top legal firm.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Same as above.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Unpaid (work experience). Perhaps they could have contributed towards travel costs although I didn't expect that.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes - I was only there for a week so did not get involved but there were clearly opportunities to get involved in social nights as well as sporting events.
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
Ultimately, it is the best thing out there for any person of school age to gain experience of what working at a top legal firm is really like without any prior contacts.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Answer the applciaton form in your own words - they're only expecting a very basic understanding of commercial law at that stage.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!