Forensic Accountancy Trainee at FCA

Greater London
Other
March 2019

My role is varied on a day to day basis and no two days are the same. I am based in the wholesale arena investigating misconducts such as misleading statements. I review information/evidence in relation to specific events surrounding the period of investigation. Compiling and analysing bank statements, drafting witness statements and attend witness interviews are a few to list.

I have learnt many new skills considering the short time I have been here. In general, I have developed an investigative approach in the regulatory landscape. I have become more inquisitively minded when reviewing documents and tend to analyse more closely. I have developed attention to detail and case management skills.

The programme is extremely enjoyable and I feel proud and privileged to have joined this programme at the FCA. I found that networking with a vast range of stakeholders enhanced my professional standing and understanding of the different roles within and outside the organisation. The opportunity to contribute to cases at an early stage.

It is well organised.

I am highly and reasonably supported by the FCA to meet the standards required for the apprenticeship.

I receive sufficient training and is adequate towards my qualification.

I feel that the training provided enhances my working knowledge and my ability to perform tasks accurately.

I am involved in programmes that are delivered for the community working with young people such as the inspiring futures programme. There are a lot of social activities to accommodate the needs of individuals.

9a. Would you recommend FCA to a friend?

It is a great opportunity to gain exposure at an early stage in your career. It is a chance to understand the pinnacles underpinning the financial arena.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to FCA?

Know yourself and be yourself. Your strengths and weaknesses. Research the role the FCA plays as a regulator, the different divisions it has and how does that match you as a person individually.