1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As a work experience student, I had varied tasks each day from different departments so I had an understanding about what different departments do. I also had the chance to attend meetings and participate in discussions which I really enjoyed. Through this, I felt that I had a deeper understanding about life as a solicitor and the jobs they do. Besides that, I also met different solicitors in the department and enjoyed talking to them about a career in law. They gave me a further understanding about law and exceeded the stock information I read on the internet. It was enjoyable talking to different solitors and I think that Pinsent Masons is a really sociable company, just through the relationships between employees.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Transferable skills such as research and communication.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
We had an induction each day to different sectors of law which helped me with my decision of what law i prefered. I had lots of information about joining the company and becoming a solicitor which I truly appreciate.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
as it was a work experience, i was not paid but it was definitely worth it.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
It is a sociable work place
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!