- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Savers to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Savers?
Being on tills, putting stock out, helping customers and cash handling
Customer service skills
I enjoy it because of the people i work with and I get respect from my manager who wants to see me succeed
Lots of support especially from my manager and from my assessor who helps me if I find a section difficult
Lots of support
Because it keeps me interested in work due to learning new things and not being at one level all the time
Because of the cheap prices and the diversity of stock we sell
Be open to learning new things, SAS for example as it is a hard but big part of the company. And be very customer focused
Apprenticeship - Intermediate Level (Level 2)