1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Asset management, delivering assets from the Burbank to our EMEA territories, working across games published and distributed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. I work on events helping manage the organisation and running of them. I also report on competitor activity as well as helping on basic admin jobs such as making payments and raising PO's.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, absolutely! Everything I have done I have learnt from pretty much scratch! I've also been able to develop more so as an adult whilst working at WBIE as I've been given large responsibilities and had to travel on my own across Europe, for example.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the job I do immensely, the actual coursework I am doing is a little tedious and can be a little dry too, but the benefits of working for WBIE totally makes it worth it and the study is only a small part of what I have to do in order to be able to work with such an amazing team!
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It's OK, sometimes it can feel a little disjointed as my qualification is build up of two components and they don't necessarily feel as if they work with one an other. But I'm getting by and it's totally doable/manageable.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
100%! My team and others working in the office and agencies too are more than happy to help and support me everything I do! I am very fortunate to be surrounding by such an amazing set of peers!
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
A good amount of support it provided to me in order for me to complete the work! As much as you could ask for without them totally holding you hand I suppose.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I believe if I was working in a local PR role then my qualification would help me perform better - or at least be more relevant to be honest. Whereas I am situated at an international level where I it's less of a traditional PR role so there is less PR for me to do rather than a PR professional in a local/territory role.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes, I am actively involved in our football team and i also socialist with my team at work events and after office games nights / drinks etc.
9a. Would you recommend Warner Bros. to a friend?
It's changed my life! In short, working at WBIE it has opened up my eyes to a fun, creative industry and I couldn't imagine myself working in a different industry. Also not have been to uni and being able to land a dream job is also proof that apprenticeships are the way forward, ha! But looking at the company as a whole, WBIE are incredible supportive and have treated amazingly - more than they needed to!
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Warner Bros.?
100% go for it! Based on my comments above I mentioned that it's not just life changing in terms of career, but also it helps develop you into an adult! Could recommend WBIE any more! It's the best place to work!
More from Warner Bros.More Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!