1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
First line faulting and maintenance of signalling equipment
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, various communication, teamwork and direct engineering skills related to my role.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very, its very beneficial and the training sets me up perfectly for my role following my apprenticeship.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is very well organised. all my training courses are booked and travel provided to ensure ease of access to these.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Great levels of support, from 12 week reviews with my line manager to the feeling I am always able to access support and guidance.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
There is always the ability to contact regarding work towards my qualifications
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Very much so, without my training courses and qualifications I would not learn the role I perform as quickly or efficiently.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
During the initial training period at westwood, there were various sporting and social facilities.
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend?
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail?
Apply, its a great opportunity to be in a career for life.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!