1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Currently, I am learning the foundations of what makes up the Castle Bromwich team and how important they are for Jaguar. Once I have covered all areas, I will be looking at a management position for myself to apply for.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Many skills have either been developed or learnt. Time management and various communication approaches are the two main skills that have been developed due to the sheer size of the plant along with all the tasks at hand and having to interact with many different types of employees.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very enjoyable and interesting due to the constant development curve that occurs every day. With close support from my direct managers, I can really see myself improving in many ways.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is very well structured with a clear vision of where both the company and I want myself to be in the near future.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Huge support with the ability to approach anyone and receive help in anyway possible.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Good support, meetings with practice tutor allows the easy communication to smooth out any creases in my knowledge and/or any concerns I or my manager may have. Theory tutor is also extremely helpful with quick responses to questions and efficient when it comes to marking TMAs
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Able to put theoretical knowledge into practice at work therefore, I am able to have more factual and direct conversations in relation to the business.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are many business related extra-curricular actives that I have planned in the near future where I will be able to network with a variety of people and to put my skills and knowledge to the test.
9a. Would you recommend DHL to a friend?
Great company with welcoming and knowledgeable employees who are willing to talk, listen and help with anything that may pop up. Also, due to the sheer size of the company, there are many career progression paths available as long as you are committed and work hard
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to DHL?
Research the company, past, present and future plans, and just be yourself. DHL are a reasonable company and will go for what kind of person you are over what you/or they may think you could be. Confidence is key and having a clear vision of where you want to be in the future is great for them to decide and plan for your progression if you are a successful candidate.
More from DHLMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!