1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assistant unit operator. I assist the unit operator in running the unit safely, efficiantly and with the best preformance possible. I carry out plant checks and do readings to monitor plant preformance and highlight any potential problems. I communicate with the operator and control engineer to ensure plant issues are comunicated fully.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Completed ONC, HNC, HND and a BEng (Hons) in mechanical engineering. Became a member of the IMechE. Completed many on site and off site training courses inc. IOSH and C+G in Power plant operation L3.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoyed the program, learnt alot and was set up for my future career. Gave me many opportunities that i was furtunate to be offered and would not have been offered elsewhere.
4. How valued do you feel by E.ON?
I feel valued by EON, I feel my manager appreciates the work I do and i do recieve recognition for my achievements.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
very well structured from start to finish
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
i recieved a lot of support from my training provider. they were excellent in every aspect.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The support from my employer was fantasic and it remains so. no problems what so ever.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
various team building events and community challenges.
9a. Would you recommend E.ON to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
fantastic apprenticeship with lots of great development oportunities.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to E.ON? *
know you stuff, failing to prepare is preparing to fail! prepare for your interview, do lots of research on the company and be confident in your interveiw. stay calm and comunicate clearly. be polite and answer all questions with a positive attitude.
More from E.ONMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!