1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I provide production support to applications including the brokerage trading platform, client-Assyst and including Blue Prism RPA.
I help to investigate and resolve brokerage issues that arise by checking logs, liaising with brokerage operations as well as our vendor, checking brokerage trade statistics, checking Figaro Front Office and by health checking.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed my knowledge about technology and how production support is a necessity from a run-the-business perspective. I have developed my ability to use Excel and to use all available resources effectively to efficiently investigate an issue. My ability to professionally and confidently deliver updates in important meetings has been taken forward as well.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my program because I learn new skills every day and I am provided with exceptional managerial, mentor, buddy and early careers team support. I also enjoy investigating issues that occur and it is very rewarding when we resolve them. I enjoy the variety of my role as everyday is different.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My program is well structured by Firebrand, who are my training provider, with pre-planned and organised courses / exams and there is regular mentor support from Firebrand. The Fidelity early careers team structure regular helpful events and my manager teaches me new skills daily. I have a day organised per week to focus on off-the-job / Firebrand work.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a lot of great support from my employer, from excellent managerial support to consistent early careers support. My manager demonstrates new skills to me daily and allows me to apply the skills necessarily. The early careers team set up networking events with senior managers so we can learn important career progression tips.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Firebrand provide great mentor support, with regular catch-ups and meetings used to discuss progression and review development.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Most of the content in the qualification directly relates to the work I have to conduct in my role. This is very beneficial as it enables me to contextualise my knowledge at work, which yields a greater overall understanding.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are themed team lunches (Xmas) and an Xmas party. Vendor networking events are available to attend as well.
9a. Would you recommend Fidelity International to a friend?
I would recommend Fidelity International to a friend because it is a globally successful asset manager that provides you with so many different opportunities for career growth. Fidelity provides exceptional levels of support and the company has an optimistic, responsible, innovative and successful culture.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Fidelity International?
If you are applying to Fidelity, make sure to research the company and prepare for technical / competency based questions using different resources.
Stay relaxed, stay positive, be enthusiastic, be yourself and apply your preparation to the process.
More from Fidelity InternationalMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!