1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Working within the team at PES I get involved with everything to do with steam turbine repairs, from quality to production to testing.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills whilst undertaking my apprenticeship. During my 4 year advanced modern apprenticeship I have gained a Foundation degree and PEO Nvq level 3.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I appreciated spending time with different apprentices from different backgrounds and companies.
4. How valued do you feel by E.ON?
Eon have given me the opportunity to build my career and study a wide range of courses. I have worked at different sites and gained recognition from other Engineers.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The program was well organised with time spent studying and time put aside for learning hands on skills. The first year was spent full time at college and the next 3 years spent full time working with day release at college.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Sutton College organised the training in conjunction with my employer. This was excellently structured with access to great facilities and excellent staff.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The team at Eon have helped every step of the way, with everyone keen to help.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I am happy with my salary and have the opportunity to earn overtime when available.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Outside of work there is a sports and social club along with access to the local gym.
9a. Would you recommend E.ON to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
An apprenticship with Eon is an excellent way to study and learn.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to E.ON? *
Research the company and look into power generation before attending an interview.
More from E.ONMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!