1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work as part of the Facilities team as an office assistant. I help in general reprographics, archiving, administration, post duties as well organising and reviewing day to day processes.
On a day to day basis I deal with scanning, copying and printing documents. I deal with archiving and archive requests and organising on site files and storage areas. I assist in post daily, receiving and sending, as well as distributing 'unallocated post'.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt office etiquette and improved my inter-personal communication skills. The apprenticeship as a whole has improved and developed further by business awareness and working skills. Coming straight from school, this has been a real eye opener into the business world. I have learnt more about a lot of the background work that goes into a law firm and the unseen processes.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my apprenticeship very much, it has helped me form new friendships and working relationships. It has also opened many doors for my future work. I enjoy the team I work with as well as the company as a whole. My learning programme, led by learning innovations, is super helpful and interesting. They run it in a way where assignments are varied and mixed, they tailor them to my own level so I can constantly be challenged and carry on developing and my tutor also ensures we have a good working relationship
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend Shulmans LLP to a friend?
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Shulmans LLP?