Apprentice Office Assistant at Shulmans LLP

Yorkshire & The Humber
January 2019

I work as part of the Facilities team as an office assistant. I help in general reprographics, archiving, administration, post duties as well organising and reviewing day to day processes.

On a day to day basis I deal with scanning, copying and printing documents. I deal with archiving and archive requests and organising on site files and storage areas. I assist in post daily, receiving and sending, as well as distributing 'unallocated post'.

I have learnt office etiquette and improved my inter-personal communication skills. The apprenticeship as a whole has improved and developed further by business awareness and working skills. Coming straight from school, this has been a real eye opener into the business world. I have learnt more about a lot of the background work that goes into a law firm and the unseen processes.

I enjoy my apprenticeship very much, it has helped me form new friendships and working relationships. It has also opened many doors for my future work. I enjoy the team I work with as well as the company as a whole. My learning programme, led by learning innovations, is super helpful and interesting. They run it in a way where assignments are varied and mixed, they tailor them to my own level so I can constantly be challenged and carry on developing and my tutor also ensures we have a good working relationship

9a. Would you recommend Shulmans LLP to a friend?

Its great

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Shulmans LLP?

Be yourself