Technical Operations Support at Lloyds Banking Group

Birmingham West Midlands
January 2019

Connect with Lloyds Banking Group

4.8/10

My role is to support the Technical Operations Management with department project and processes. To train new colleagues on various processes within the department and to conduct risk analysis. To provide performance and Quality Analysis feedback to colleagues whilst guiding them through a training plan. To be the first point of call for all technical colleague queries.

I have learnt new management skills that I am now able to apply to my day to day job. I have also learnt a variety of useful time management skills, some of which I was applying to my daily role, but am more aware of now. I feel much more aware of the way I am training and coaching people.

I have not overly enjoyed the programme as I do not feel the organisation or structure has been anywhere near to what was communicated on enrolment. I did not receive any support from a talent coach until roughly around 6/7 months into the apprenticeship, which then delayed my learning. I feel this is now being rushed in order to achieve the original agreed end date.

Imagine yourself working at Lloyds Banking Group

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 12 roles at Lloyds Banking Group

As part of a group of colleagues from the same department/building, we have been regularly sharing updates and providing each other with support where Kaplan have failed. I personally find the structure and organisation extremely inconsistent. With a lack of support until month 6/7 (through not being appointed a talent coach), to now being rushed through the rest of the requirements.

My employer has provided as much support as they possibly can throughout this programme. I have been given the required learning time each week to plan my own learning (from month 6 onwards). The only improvement I would suggest, would be access to laptops in order to be able to complete some learning and revision work away from BAU processes.

From month 6/7 we were finally appointed a talent coach to help support us through the course, and whilst this has made a huge improvement to the work I have submitted, as a group of colleagues supporting each other, we find the structure somewhat inconsistent. The end part of the course now feels rushed.

I do feel that the learning materials from the online courses, and the away day courses have helped me in my role. At the very least they have helped me to recognise some management tools I am already applying within my role without being aware of these. I feel the knowledge aspect of the learning should have been better combined with the evidence/portfolio.

Lloyds holds various networking events that you can register to be a part of on a regular basis. We also have ambassador programs available, whereby volunteer work is arranged within the local community. On a smaller department level, we often arrange team building activities, and some social sports events (not official teams)

9a. Would you recommend Lloyds Banking Group to a friend?

I feel valued working for Lloyds Banking Group. The rewards package on offer alongside salary is a huge incentive working for Lloyds Banking Group. The job role I am in at the moment (Court Production Orders), I feel a sense of pride knowing that I am making a difference in the community.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Lloyds Banking Group?

A passion for working within a great team and making a difference. Do not go into a job at Lloyds thinking that it is just banking administration. I have worked for Lloyds Banking Group for 6 years (initially in that mind-set) and have worked for various departments carrying out work on many projects that I would never have known existed within the banking world!