1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Both academic and practical training for becoming an aeronautical engineer. some times we are in workshops doing practical training such as filing and riveting metal to get used to the skills we would need to use on an actual aircraft . other times we are in class rooms doing the theory sides of things.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes ,almost everything that I have learnt so far has been a new skill for me. I have learnt many skills and gained lots of knowledge in the short time that I have been here training as an aircraft engineer and will definitely be learning lots more before I finish my apprenticeship
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy my apprenticeship at BAE systems. it has been an amazing decision to join BAE in aircraft engineering. I enjoy what I do and don't get bored at all unlike I would in college or university , I would highly recommend this and have recommended it to some friends.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Everything is well structured and it gives us a good understanding of both the practical and academic side of aircraft engineering. there is a good mix between theory training and practical training. we have stages where we learn the information and take the test straight after so its still fresh in our heads.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We get lots of help at BAE systems and they always try to help us in any way possible to suit our needs . they want to help us in not only our work but if we have any personal issues at home they also will help us in that way too.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The qualification I will get will allow me to be able to work on aircraft and will also help me to progress in my job for the future. Also this apprenticeship will be a starting point for my career in aircraft engineering and maintenance and will give me many opportunities
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes , BAE systems are always offering us some great opportunities and extra curricular activities such as the three peaks and cart racing for charity, they also let us know about what the Hull university is doing in case we would like to get involved. they're always pushing us to try new things.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
I personally think that this is one of the best apprenticeships that you can get into , especially if you are just leaving school like I have, as it allows you to get a aircraft engineering license and also gives you a salary and opportunities to meet new people all at the same time.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems?
I would ensure anyone who wants to join about how good the apprenticeship is and they definitely wouldn't regret it. Also that they make sure that they know about the company and what its about but also don't try to be anything you're not and just be honest with the company.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!