1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
On a daily basis my role involves connecting with key suppliers, analysing sales data and creating promotions to help increase sales within the department i operate in.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Since embarking at Boots i have been given a platform to learn and develop a variety of skills. Including accountability, self-motivation and decision making.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am throroughly enjoying my programme. I have a fantastic platform as an apprentice in a huge company combined with going to university which will allow me to receieve a debt free degree.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is a structured programme. I have a number of placements in different departments, combined with university days out every month to learn.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot of support - prodominately from other/past apprentices as well as my manager.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
A good amount - i am given a platform of learning to do outside of work which aids me in essay/course writing. There could be more support though which i believe is something being improved.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
100%. The learning i have gathered at university helps me in everyday working life - if thats positive situations or within conflict scenarios.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes, there is a huge apprenticeship group which is very connected at Boots. Along with general activities the company puts out for employees. Team days out are also included.
9a. Would you recommend Boots to a friend?
A fantastic, dynamic company. For an apprentice, ideal as a first platform to allow build of key skills, behaviours and knowledge to become successful.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Boots?
Preperation. Learn about the company, it's beliefs. Be passionate and show Boots why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
More from BootsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!