1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
i go out and maintain all of our water treatment works and booster stations wether that is calibrating chlorine monitors or fixing faults with plc. i will get a call from the planner with an issue and have to attend to get the site running again so people have water
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
yes i have learnt all about electricity and how dangerous it can be. ive learnt how to test for electricity and how to fix faults in an engineering system. ive also learnt people skills and how to interact with old people which has improved my confidence which im happy with
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
i really enjoy my programme as its very challenging and rewarding. there isn't many better feelings that attending a site which has shutdown for whatever reason then you being the person which gets that site running again which means people have fress clean wholesome drinking water for all their family
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
everything is planned out for me. wether that's my jobs for the day or my training which is provided all free of charge im always in the know of what im doing. my manages regualry asks for updates on how im doing which shows people car about me here
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
everything i need is provided for me and wether that's training or resources so i believe im very well supported by my employer which is brilliant and i cant ask for much more in terms of support and people here want me to be the best i can be
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
everything i need is provided for me and wether that's training or resources so i believe im very well supported by my employer.training providers work well with my employer which means they support me very well on my journey and again push me to work hard which i like
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
this gives me a better understanding when im at work learning about health and safety along with electrical work along with mechanical work and learning the classroom based stuff of how all these engineering systems work also meaning we cant hurt ourselves in the classroom so we are ready when at work
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
yes ive done a lot of football tournements aswell as charity work to raise money for water aid which is a great charity. we also do a lot of handing out bottled water if there is ever a major leak meaning people cant have drinking water which really is good
9a. Would you recommend Severn Trent to a friend?
because they have given me a good salary which great career prospects which i can work my way up in a job which i like and in a job which pays really good money and the people are great and they provide all of your ppe and work you hard
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Severn Trent?
do research before your interview and ask lots of questions and just enjoy the process. if you get accepted then work hard and again ejoy the process as we are very lucky to be here and just make sure you dress nice for your interview or assessment day to set good example
More from Severn TrentMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!