1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
So far, i have loved every minute of working here. Although it has been a huge change for me and the avalanch of information has been overwhelming! I have always wanted to get into the trading business and the fact that i am at the heart and soul of the daily running of the business it is a big achievement for me and adds to the excitment.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My Programme so far has been very stop and start. The reasons for this are I am one of only four apprentices this year, therefore it is quite a new prospect for the company. I thought i would begin the course as soon as i started but it turns out i am starting it in February instead of September. The course is an 18 month course as a pose to a 24 month which is a benefit.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I couldnt ask for any more support than i already havee, my manager and colleagues can answer just about any questions i have. They are all extremely welcoming and i know if i am stuck on something r have a question i have a great team to fall back on. Whether it is coding or our daily procceses i am supported 99.9% of the time.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
At the momennt i have not actualyl started my course yet as i begin next month. I have all the login details required to being I just need my start date. So far, i have been exposed to a lot of different coding languages so when i do start i know i will have the resources avaibale to assist me.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
My qualification so far has taught me how to prioritse and plan certain scripts. For example coding requires very logical thinking so before i start a piece, i tend to draw a flow diagram or a flow chart to make it clear to myself how one thing can potentially lead onto something else. It has made me more aware that there are languages out there that can literally make anything with the right logic.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes there is everything under the sun at Schroders from Football to quiz nights. I have been involved in many extra curricular activities such as helping to organise a quiz night for charity as well as marking for another quiz night. I play for the Caze football team most Tuesdays and try and get involved in as much as i can.
9a. Would you recommend Schroders to a friend?
Schroders is one of the only companies i know of that takes care o their employees as much as they do. The facilities are outstanding, the level of profesionalism and knowledge amoungst the people that surround me is astonishing and the environemnt is friendly and extremely welcoming. I advise anyone, if they get the opportunity, to apply and work hard to get in.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Schroders?
I advise anyone, if they get the opportunity, to apply and go through the process and not think too much about it. The hardest tet for me was the online interview which i thought too much about and ended up getting stressed about it. If you believe in yourself and be you in the interview stages someone will see your qualities and make you a huge asset for the company.
More from SchrodersMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!