1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Speaking to potential customers, building up a client base, managing relationships, customer meetings and enjoying every day office life at Softcat
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Rapport building skills, business acumen
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much enjoy my role here - will be staying on after the qualification has come to an end!
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Training is regular and varied, 1-1s are frequent and i have a clear understanding of what needs to be done to be successful in the role.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
so much - 1-1s are frequent, team meetings are frequent as well as support from the learning and development team and Remit
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Regular contact and support from them
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Gives me an all round foundation of knowledge which i can build upon in my practical work
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Sports teams, charity teams, green teams, lots of parties and social events and fun dress up days, cake sales, poker nights just to name a few!
9a. Would you recommend Softcat to a friend?
they look after their employees so much and put them at the heart of what they do. Business is booming so i feel very comfortable in the business' performance and reputation. I feel proud to work for a company such as Softcat
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Softcat?
They aren't looking for the finished product - just be yourself, show them some personality and genuine interest in sales or whatever department or role you are applying for. Research too!!