1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I deal with student attendance and punctuality. I call up student who are absent sent to me by email and our bespoke software. I issue late slips to student who are over five minute late in our department. I chase up any inquires. I manage book meeting for my line manager and director with students and parents.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
yes more excel skills, outlook skills and written skills have developed.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I dont get mirco manage
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
not very organised as it is a new process
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
we have weekly meeting but i would like more training
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
a lot especially with my coursework
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
a lot however i wish i had more time with them in college
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend City & Islington College to a friend?
great opportunity to earn money, study and gain experience
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to City & Islington College?
be prepared to use your own mind and initiative .