Assurance at EY

School Leaver Programme
December 2018

Connect with EY

9.4/10

I'm an associate in assurance. I have to perform a wide range of tasks from data testing to analysis. Every day I work in a team with lots of communication. On top of this I often have a lot of contact with the client as a lot of the work is performed on client site. Responsibilities can include anything from planning and organization to execution and conclusion as well as weeks away for learning opportunities.

Yes, there is consistent training. This is made up of internal meeting, online learning and of course during the 5 year duration we are also studying to achieve a CA degree. Finally, being in a work environment day in and out provides a huge wealth of knowledge and experience.

Work can sometimes feel tedious however at other times its very challenging. I love that i get to work in new teams and be exposed to new clients frequently and how everyone is always nice, everyone wants everyone else to do well here. Overall i enjoy it.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at EY

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

Very. Praise is given when due and i have regular meeting with my conselor who genuinely wants me to do well. In addition to the flexibility with work and benefits given its clear that EY value employees.

Very. Everything from training to work etc is communicated well in advance. Any issues ive ever had were resolved by asking a quick question. People are always willing to help.

We recieve materals and revision packs as well as oppertunities for extra tutoring. One of the best structures training ive ever recieved.

Everyone has a conselor. Any questions or problems, big or small that i may have i can always go to them and they can help.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at EY

Salary is generous for an apprentice and expenses are covered by the business.

There are always socials, event, fundraisers and volunteering oppertunities. I'm still exploring everything they have to offer outside of work!

9. Would you recommend EY to a friend?

It's a positive environment, everyone is friendly and its an amazing oppertunity to work and gain incredible experience with a big 4 firm while making a wage and working towards a very well respected degree.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY?

Be authentic and run with every oppertunity you can manage (theres a lot of them)