- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How valued do you feel by Morrisons?
- 5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
- 6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
- 8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
- 9. Would you recommend Morrisons to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Morrisons?
My role as a degree apprentice at Morrison’s so far involves going through each department in order to learn the different aspects of the business. Through peak times I will be like leading in order to get a clear understanding of leadership roles. In the future I will be placed on a retail placement.
I have developed new skills in areas such as communication. This is because there is a language barrier within the factory. As well as this I have developed skills in how to address quality and safety within the factory.
At the moment there has been parts which I enjoy and parts I do not. For example I have been frustrated when I have felt I’m not learning anything. However, it is difficult because of the busy schedule within the factory.
I feel valued by some but not by others. I feel my line manager values me but my department manager does not really know who I am.
I feel the programme is really well structured and that I understand where I am going.
I have a conference call with my training provider every month which really helps. She insured I’m on the right track.
A great deal. They offer different days to develop my career.
This isn’t fully sufficient in some ways. For example I’m travelling from Nottingham to Derby each day which costs me £30 a week. This makes it difficult along with other costs. However, they do offer hotels and a food allowance.
Not that I am aware of.
Because the company is full of opportunity’s and actually listens to the employees. For example if I am unhappy I can be moved departments. As well this the company feels more welcoming then others.
Reallly look at the company’s values because it’s what they look out for.
Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)