DA at Morrisons

Derby East Midlands
Degree Apprenticeship
December 2018

8.0/10

My role as a degree apprentice at Morrison’s so far involves going through each department in order to learn the different aspects of the business. Through peak times I will be like leading in order to get a clear understanding of leadership roles. In the future I will be placed on a retail placement.

I have developed new skills in areas such as communication. This is because there is a language barrier within the factory. As well as this I have developed skills in how to address quality and safety within the factory.

At the moment there has been parts which I enjoy and parts I do not. For example I have been frustrated when I have felt I’m not learning anything. However, it is difficult because of the busy schedule within the factory.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Morrisons

4. How valued do you feel by Morrisons?

I feel valued by some but not by others. I feel my line manager values me but my department manager does not really know who I am.

I feel the programme is really well structured and that I understand where I am going.

I have a conference call with my training provider every month which really helps. She insured I’m on the right track.

A great deal. They offer different days to develop my career.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Morrisons

This isn’t fully sufficient in some ways. For example I’m travelling from Nottingham to Derby each day which costs me £30 a week. This makes it difficult along with other costs. However, they do offer hotels and a food allowance.

Not that I am aware of.

9. Would you recommend Morrisons to a friend?

Because the company is full of opportunity’s and actually listens to the employees. For example if I am unhappy I can be moved departments. As well this the company feels more welcoming then others.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Morrisons?

Reallly look at the company’s values because it’s what they look out for.