Corporate Management Apprentice at Morrisons

Bradford Yorkshire & The Humber
Degree Apprenticeship
December 2018

7.9/10

Currently work in the online team, I have my own responsibilities to be on top of throughout the working week, however these vary week on week dependent on what is needed of me. Then I also have my day to day tasks like brief website checks.

I have learnt a large variety of IT based skills since the start of my course, and with it being a Corporate Management Apprenticeship I am starting to pick managerial skills up from my line manager. On top of this i go to university for 6 weeks a year so i get a degree from the course as well.

I enjoy the work environment, but it is still challenging going from sixth form to working five days a week as its such a big jump.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Morrisons

4. How valued do you feel by Morrisons?

I feel valued by my team and surrounding colleagues, which is always reassuring as you learn.

It's well structured, I know when I am at university and when my assignments in, and i have a rough idea of what to expect each week, with a few exceptions to things that pop up.

I receive the support needed, I have my line manager and mentor to go to if i have any questions about work. Then if I need to speak to anyone at uni, I can either speak to them whilst there or drop them an email.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Morrisons

The salary is good and is competitive, it covers all my monthly costs and leaves me a bit over as well to treat myself.

There is a things such as store support where you work in store for a few days, then there is often little team events every couple of months for team building and a bit of fun.

9. Would you recommend Morrisons to a friend?

Its a beneficial course which offers a lot of opportunities to you.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Morrisons?

If you do apply be yourself, that way they can understand if you as a person will enjoy and take everything you can out of the opportunity.