Work Experience at Pinsent Masons

Unpaid Role
November 2018

Connect with Pinsent Masons

8.6/10

Work experience placement holder. We spend the day attached to a different department within the firm, supporting a trainee solicitor in their roles. We also take part in mock tribunals and varied talks or activities from different members of staff.

Communicating effectively to ensure that deadlines are met and sufficient work is produced. Socializing with work experience students as well as fitting into departments with much older members of staff.

It is an engaging and detailed programme that supports students in understanding what life is like as a trainee solicitor working in a large commercial firm.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

Pinsent Masons made me feel very welcome and encouraged me to be confident in the work I was producing. I felt a part of the team and was praised by my supervisors for my confidence and attempts to communicate with those around me.

The programme is well structured with a clear timetable given to you at the beginning of the week. Times and deadlines were always stuck to.

I received a lot of support and feedback from my supervisors throughout the week which made me feel confident in my understanding of the work I was doing. Asking questions was never a problem and they were always willing to have in depth discussions about your future and how studying law would best fit you.

N/A

There are often opportunities to go on lunches with departments although I wasn't involved in these experiences. It was nice to get to know other people on work experience in this setting however.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *

It is a friendly and encouraging environment to work in. Their values of being approachable, bold and connected are true for the environment that you find yourself in.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *

Make the most of the opportunities and insights you are given because it stands you well for a future in law. Ensure that you ask as many questions as possible and have a clear understanding of every role that you are given in order for your work and participation to be of the best of your ability.