1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I attended daily presentations informing me on the different departments in the firm. I was also assigned to a different department each day and was given tasks that often contributed to the work for my supervisor which made me feel valued.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I was able to adapt myself to different people and different situations which also increased my confidence!
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoyed the programme and was given inspiring advice from the solicitors here that will stay with me throughout my law career.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
I felt extremely valued and was given clear instructions every day so I knew exactly what my task was. My work was often checked over which made me feel that the work I was doing was worth while. I was encouraged to ask questions frequently too.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme was very structured and we were given a timetable for the week so we knew what to take every day.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I received good support from my supervisor and was made aware of the sources available to me.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I received support whenever I asked for it and was often checked up on to make sure I was okay with the work I had been given.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
It has given me a real insight as to what the daily life of a lawyer may be like and has encouraged me to embark on a law degree. It has also reassured me that law firms aren't scary; the people at Pinsent Masons are approachable and friendly!
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Ask as much questions as you can think of to get as much out of the week as you can. Be confident and make friends with the other work experience students while you're there!
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!