HR administrator at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Shrewsbury West Midlands
Unpaid Role
July 2018

8.7/10

I spend my days learning about how the company works in all different aspects. I spend most my time in the HR department in the Flex-E-Rent area of Enterprise. I help out with little jobs that need doing also. I was able to take part in many experiences that are rare on work experience; interviews, phone calls, recruitment and taking part in the induction.

I have developed many skills during this week; communication, interview skills and many that are included in induction. The main skill I have learnt is how to deal with specific things in the work place. Communication is the biggest skill I have learnt, which means I am now more confident in speaking to people I don't know.

I extremely enjoy this programme as it teaches me many skills like how the work place works. This prepares me for my future careers and any future situations I may come across. This programme has been extremely helpful in many aspects and I would reccomend to anyone who was interested.

4. How valued do you feel by Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

At Enterprise, considering I am the youngest member in the team, I feel very welcomed. I am included in all conversations and made aware of situations that I am unsure about. When I first started I was reassured that I would enjoy my experience and feel welcome, and that is what has happened. All members of staff are very polite and value me.

My programme is amazing! Before I started my week, I was posted a time plan of what would happen during my week. This meant that I could prepare and understand what was happening each day, this showed their structure and how they are organised. The weekly plan, meant I knew what are of the building I be at and the activities I would be taking part In.

On my first two days I was involved in induction, even though my trainer was training 10 new members of the company, and I was just here for work experience, I felt a lot of support. I there was anything that didn't involve me, he would come over and make sure I was aware of what was happening and knew a bit more. On the Wednesday I had a new member of staff, this is where I learnt more about what happens within HR and it was a one-to-one experience which meant if I has any quiries I was able to ask. On the last two days of my experience, I was then with another day, who was part of the same team, and this is where I was learning about recruitment. As it was also just me and my trainer, the support was amazing. I'm thankful that I had met all my trainers during the week even if they weren't with me the whole day, this meant I was familiar with them.

The company made sure I was aware of my surroundings and made sure if I needed any help i knew where to go .

As I am a work experience student, I have no salary.

This week made me understand and feel more confident with any opportunities outside work.

9. Would you recommend Enterprise Rent-A-Car to a friend?

It's and amazing company with amazing staff. This week I have been valued and made feel welcome. I was nervous to join, but I have been part of many experiences in which I will never forget. I have been treated as a member of staff meaning i have a better knowledge of a work place. This company is very diverse and includes everyone. If I had not been able to come here, my work experience would not as been as opportunity packed.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

I would say, if you're nervous about starting a job here, don't be. Everyone is so friendly, even the people I am not working with. Make sure you understand the companies background and what they do; this will help.