Customer Service Assistant at Lloyds Banking Group

Lymington
June 2018

Connect with Lloyds Banking Group

8.0/10

I help customers with their everyday banking, from cashiering on the counter to helpig them in the banking hall with an ipad. I am also educating customers on their channel of choice and identifying was we might be able to help them financially.

I have learned more new skills than I could count, most of which as second nature now and dont require too much thought. I have also really developed my communication skills and finessed the level of customer service I give to customers.

I really enjoy the programme, I think the plan itself is well structured and allows plenty of time for development, also the course content has really fascinated me on the whole which helps with enjoyment.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at Lloyds Banking Group

4. How valued do you feel by Lloyds Banking Group?

I feel extremely valued by Lloyds banking group, I have had countless opportunities to step up and have been invited to lots of events also. Alongside this I have received a number of awards recognisig me going above and beyond which shows that they value our work.

I think the structure itself is well planned however as I was hired as a full time colleague, I was needed for that role and it can be a bit of a struggle to find time to complete my apprenticeship workbook.

I get to speak to my coach once every 6 weeks, for 1 hour or 2 hours rotating and face to face or via telephone depending on her other appointments. I can also ring her or drop her an email if I am needing a little extra help in between.

I receive bucket loads of support from my employer, however the levels vary. I know that apprentices are important to LBG which is why I have been given so many opportunities and invites whereas in the branch situation, the programme itself can be seen as a hindrance to me completing my job to the best of my ability - possibly through lack of understanding.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at Lloyds Banking Group

Currently I am living with my parents so I dont have any true outgoings aside from my car, which my salary covers completely.

Outside of work I hve done some volunteering at local schools, once to talk about internet safety, the other to talk about apprenticeships. I also volunteer at my local netball club and help out with training of up to 80 young girls aged 10-16.

9a. Would you recommend Lloyds Banking Group to a friend? *

The ompany has and amazing ethos and I also think the company does truly value its employees and the variable pay (package) you receive is unlike any I have heard of from friends and family.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Lloyds Banking Group? *

Just go for it! There are countless opportunities and it is such a big company there are so many different areas and everyone I have ever met or spoken to have been passionate about their job and kind!