Store Manager at Co-op

South West
May 2018

Connect with Co-op

My role is a Store Manager for the Co-op. My role is to coach and develop my team to deliver fantastic customer service and a fantastic store for our customers to shop in as much as we possibly can.

I have enjoyed the learning conferences and have learned some news skills including tetra mapping which helps with understanding how to deal with our colleagues and customers.

I do enjoy the programme to a point but do not enjoy the ‘back to school’ feeling when it comes to writing reports etc

4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?

The Co-op have made me feel very valued and have been great in pushing forward my development

Again the programme is well structured to a point but there are certain things when tasks are assigned without being explained to the point of fully understanding what is expected.

My tutor has been helpful along the way and answers any questions that I have

My employer has been helpful along the way and has again dealt with any issues that have arised

My salary reflects the role that I am in for the Co-op and are pretty good when it comes to dealing with any expenses I need to claim

No at present

9. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?

I feel the Co-op is a great place to work with great values and a Membership scheme that is rivalled by no other retailer. The work they do in the community again is rivalled by no other retailer.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?

I recommend working at the Co-op as mentioned above but I recommend that anyone applying is ready to work hard and show great commitment to Co-op and also be ready to add value to a business that is moving forward at a great pace.