1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role of an apprentice quantity surveyor includes many aspects. I work on creating monthly valuation certificates, creating measurement documents, light costing tasks, attending site meetings and taking minutes, creating different kinds of registers, looking into asbestos claims and general admin tasks.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt several new skills such as how to carry out quantity surveying tasks to a basic level. I have also developed my communication skills. I have also taken part in some CPD sessions.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It is enjoyable
4. How valued do you feel by Mott MacDonald?
I feel I get some appreciation from the company, I feel a valued part of the company.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Apprenticeship in terms of working in the office is well organised, could be improved by the university.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My training provider could improve the support that they provide. One example would be that it took almost 2 months to enrol me and no sense of urgency was displayed.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I am supported highly by my employer. I feel that Mott MacDonald support me in different ways, from the work that I do and they also support me in terms of well being also. HR are extremely helpful making the company great to work for.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Salary meets costs sufficiently.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Good range of opportunities.
9. Would you recommend Mott MacDonald to a friend?
Good company to work for.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mott MacDonald?
The more you put into the apprenticeship, the more you get out of it.
More from Mott MacDonaldMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!