BIM Apprentice at Costain

Derby
£1,100 monthly
May 2018

6.2/10

Currently my role in employment is to assist the BIM Engineer & BIM Manager with asset data management, modelling, and assisting the document controller with the common data environment.

I have learnt to use CAD, Civils 3D, Revit, and have a better understanding of the BIM process.

To date, I have enjoyed my apprenticeship programme, and feel I will continue to do so in employment afterwards.

4. How valued do you feel by Costain?

I feel moderately valued by Costain, more so by my colleagues than the business as a whole.

The programme was fairly well structured.

My training provider provides me with adequate support.

I receive a good amount of support from my direct team at work, but support from the business as a whole could be better.

I feel my salary could be better, however I appreciate the rising increments periodically to coincide with my development.

I have been able to make more friends outside of work and have now joined many sports activities outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend Costain to a friend? *

Its a great but challenging opportunity for my friends that want to get involved in construction.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain? *

Do plenty of research on the company, try to be relaxed in the interview when being asked questions.