1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Currently my role in employment is to assist the BIM Engineer & BIM Manager with asset data management, modelling, and assisting the document controller with the common data environment.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt to use CAD, Civils 3D, Revit, and have a better understanding of the BIM process.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
To date, I have enjoyed my apprenticeship programme, and feel I will continue to do so in employment afterwards.
4. How valued do you feel by Costain?
I feel moderately valued by Costain, more so by my colleagues than the business as a whole.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme was fairly well structured.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My training provider provides me with adequate support.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a good amount of support from my direct team at work, but support from the business as a whole could be better.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I feel my salary could be better, however I appreciate the rising increments periodically to coincide with my development.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I have been able to make more friends outside of work and have now joined many sports activities outside of work.
9a. Would you recommend Costain to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Its a great but challenging opportunity for my friends that want to get involved in construction.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain? *
Do plenty of research on the company, try to be relaxed in the interview when being asked questions.
More from CostainMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!