1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Work in the call centre for First Direct. On a day to day basis I take calls and help customers with there general banking needs
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have been taken through various training programs to ensure I can handle calls well and deal with customers queries well
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy working for First Direct and working within my team, however the hours are long and the job can become stressful when it is busy.
4. How valued do you feel by HSBC?
some days I feel valued and some days I don't, depends on how busy it is
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I have only just started my apprenticeship with first direct and so far it has been well structured and I feel organised in what I am meant to complete each month
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
every month I have a meeting with my training provider and they also send me emails throughout the month if im struggling.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
my manager keeps up to date with my apprenticeship work and regularly attends my meetings each month.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
my salary meets my living costs well
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
we go on team nights out and also take part in volunteer days.
9a. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
feel as though first direct is a good starting point for my career
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to HSBC? *
More from HSBCMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!