Assistant Technician at Arup

Sheffield Yorkshire & The Humber
May 2018

7.8/10

Assistant Technician CAD, working with different people within the team and within the company throughout each day of the week. Generally don't speak to anyone externally.

College Qualifications NVQ EngTech Some internal training courses

I would prefer to take on a more engineering based role, although i am slowly working up to this

4. How valued do you feel by Arup?

Always praised when completing a project on time, or to a high standard.

Everything seems to have been organised well, and I am treated as any other employee would be for inductions, training, support etc.

They often don't provide a very personal view on your situation, and can often feel like you're being pushed through the system rather than taught real skills. I have recently been on maternity leave but continued studying during my time away which they were very supportive and understanding with when I couldn't be there

Guidance from colleagues is very good, and there's always someone at hand to help with a problem.

Compared with salary of my peers who work in similar jobs at different companies, it could be more. Although generally i am happy and it meets all my costs.

9. Would you recommend Arup to a friend?

The atmosphere of working here is very positive, good opportunities and everyone is supportive and kind

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Arup?