1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assistant Technician CAD, working with different people within the team and within the company throughout each day of the week. Generally don't speak to anyone externally.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
College Qualifications NVQ EngTech Some internal training courses
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I would prefer to take on a more engineering based role, although i am slowly working up to this
4. How valued do you feel by Arup?
Always praised when completing a project on time, or to a high standard.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Everything seems to have been organised well, and I am treated as any other employee would be for inductions, training, support etc.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
They often don't provide a very personal view on your situation, and can often feel like you're being pushed through the system rather than taught real skills. I have recently been on maternity leave but continued studying during my time away which they were very supportive and understanding with when I couldn't be there
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Guidance from colleagues is very good, and there's always someone at hand to help with a problem.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Compared with salary of my peers who work in similar jobs at different companies, it could be more. Although generally i am happy and it meets all my costs.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Arup to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
The atmosphere of working here is very positive, good opportunities and everyone is supportive and kind
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Arup? *
More from ArupMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!