Apprentice Account Manager at Softcat

Manchester
May 2018

Connect with Softcat

Job Title - Account Manager Daily Tasks - Making IT roles easier , making new business , developing strong relationships , driving business, having exceptional customer service. Responsibilities - calling , quotes , processing orders , meetings, advising , putting in the right contact , keeping in contact , managing customers.

The training has taught me many new skills such as natural selling, personal skills , developed skills with office , technical knowledge and skills , organisational skills, constantly developing my work ethic.

I love all aspects of Softcat , from the job itself , to the format of the company and all the benefits about the job and the apprenticeship.

4. How valued do you feel by Softcat?

Exceptionally valued. Softcat recognises hard workers no matter the position. I am treated equally as all employees at the company and with the support of my team, apprentice managers and the office I am developing every day.

very well. Softcat allows us to spend time on the job and doing the apprenticeship side. I feel comfortable that I am always doing something pro-active at Softcat.

As much as I need. If I need help with something I will get it.

Again as much as I need. Softcat recognises the more support I get in the long term it will benefit both the company and myself. There is a mutual respect. Softcat ensures that all employees have as much support as possible.

My salary allows me to rent a flat , have travel costs covered and will give me the social life for a young man. I can also save every month!

Outside of work Softcat has events , sports teams and socials outside of work. This allows the employees to get close to one another and therefore work better as a team

9a. Would you recommend Softcat to a friend? *

Not only do you get to work for a top company with many awards and accreditations but the fact Softcat deserves all the awards the company receives is because Softcat does not put a false image. Our culture Is unbelievable, the way the company treats me gives me confidence and comfort to work here for a long time. Who wouldn't want to work for Softcat?

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Softcat? *

Show you can work hard and you deserve the job. Be confident, be yourself and show your worth as a future employee. Make sure you are benefitting Softcat and you are not just applying to be employed.