1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a customer service advisor. I take calls all day, and interact with customers that bank with Santander. I have to make sure I follow processes and regulations.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I already had my maths and English qualifications, but I have learnt banking fundamentals within Santander. I have learnt both personal and professional skills, on how to talk to customers and how to deal with issues.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy working with my team, as we all get along. I enjoy the Santander culture as everyone is respectful and Santander exceeded my expectations, as I had to meet knew people which I enjoyed.
4. How valued do you feel by Santander?
I feel valued by my manager, as she wants me to do well by discussing my targets with me.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The introduction lasted long, but it was worth it. I learnt functional skills and banking skills. My team actively collaborated to help each other succeed. The programme is very organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive monthly meetings with my mentor to discuss any work needed for the VLE. She provides feedback to help me improve.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer is my manager, as she mentors me. I receive guidance on how to hit my targets every week.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary helps with rent, travel and daily costs.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I used to have an accountancy apprenticeship, but found the Santander apprenticeship as I didn't enjoy my old apprenticeship.
9a. Would you recommend Santander to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It's a very good opportunity.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Santander? *
Make sure your referencing is complete early.
More from SantanderMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!