Apprentice at Santander

Degree Apprenticeship
May 2018

Connect with Santander

9.7/10

Since the beginning of my apprenticeship I have been in 4 rotations within different business areas; 1- Big data: here I monitored and audited the use of the data repository for the bank. I ensured DPA, GDPR regulations were compliant and customer information was protected at all times. 2- Change Management: I learned the skills to progress on becoming a project manager for agile and waterfall projects. My main tasks included taking ownership of the testing stage of the projects by developing technical skills in user acceptance testing before the service is provided to customers.3- Solutions Architecture: Here I learnt to map the business requirements in a technical and functional way, when projects needed to be implemented I was responsible for reviewing the technical and functional requirements in order to provide an architecture design for the software development team to provide the exact product requested. Currently I work in payments learning the role of a data analyst, my role consist on analysing international payments and find patterns that could be useful for other business areas.

I learnt analytical skills to find information and identify the reason and causes for common issues. I learn to apply project management methodology for agile and waterfall. I learnt the behaviour and composition of systems applications and APIs as well as the programming logic behind them.

I enjoy having to use my initiative and having the support available to keep learning

4. How valued do you feel by Santander?

I feel valued because the work I produce is meaningful and helps the team to progress with their objectives

all my course modules are linked to my work, which is very helpful as it is always interesting and relevant.

I really like having the freedom to ask and get feedback straight away.

the teams where I have been working have been very helpful and willing to pass on the knowledge. I find this very important as it makes my learning experience go faster and become more enjoyable

very well

The degree we are studying will prepare us for many technical roles outside of the financial industry.

9a. Would you recommend Santander to a friend? *

it has the perfect balance of working and studying and you get a lot of exposure to many business areas

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Santander? *