Communications Apprentice at Unilever

Leatherhead
May 2018

Connect with Unilever

9.3/10

As a communications apprentice, I work on a variety of internal and external communications.

I have learnt so many new skills! I have become a confident communicator with strong writing, editing, proofreading organisational and planning skills.

I absolutely love my programme. It has been the best expeience and I am so glad that I didn't go down the University route.

4. How valued do you feel by Unilever?

I feel extremely valued and empowered by Unilever to get involved it great projects and even lead some of them.

My programme is very well structured with key dates and deadlines shared with plenty of time to achieve submissions.

We get lots of support from our provider. It took a while to get settled with them and establish ways of working, but this is all very fluid now.

I recieve plenty of suport from the AEA- they are always there to go to if I have any problems and we have monthly meetings with them.

As this is my second apprenticeship, I know how low an apprentice salary can legally be and I feel that the pay in this apprenticeship is very generous. It allows me to pay for rented accomodation and run my car, all while having a social life at the same time.

There are always fun things to get involved with at Unilever!

9a. Would you recommend Unilever to a friend? *

It's given me invaluable experience and is setting me up for a great career in the future.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Unilever? *

Never be afraid to share your ideas and ask questions! I felt very well prepared for my interview by reading up on the website and on social media.