Apprentice Technician at Volkswagen Group

Hitchin East Midlands
May 2018

Connect with Volkswagen Group

Apprentice Mechanic - This involves carrying out daily tasks of servicing vehicles to then working closer with my mentor for the harder tasks of gearboxes and engines.

I have learnt how to competently and confidently work on cars.

I enjoy my programme as it is well run by the Volkswagen Group Apprentice Team, all the trainers have a lot of knowledge and a more than happy to help whenever.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 9 roles at Volkswagen Group

4. How valued do you feel by Volkswagen Group?

I feel the Volkswagen Group value me and all the other apprentices a lot as we are the up and coming technicians for all of our brands.

The programme is well structured and is well thought out, all the trainers know exactly what they are doing and have no issues with the course they are teaching.

I receive a lot of support when im here at the NLC and then if I ever need help when im back at work I can always call my trainer.

I get a lot of help from my employer, when im at work I can always use my managers or other technicians to help me with any work that I need to do.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 9 roles at Volkswagen Group

My salary is a good salary for my abilities and the package that I get with my company is good as they give me extra benefits like being able to borrow cars.

Yes, my company holds monthly events to show us how we are doing and then my dealer also do nights and evenings when we asre updated.

9. Would you recommend Volkswagen Group to a friend?

I find the Volkswagen Group to be a good brand to work for, this is because we have prestige brands like Audi and Bentley and then have Volkswagen, Skoda and Seat. we have a complete variety of cars in the range and I generally find our cars to be the best on the roads.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Volkswagen Group?

Be confident when coming for an interview, be yourself and always ask questions to show that you are interested