apprentice technician at Volkswagen Group

East Midlands
May 2018

Connect with Volkswagen Group

10 /10

apprentice technician daily workshop maintenance vehicle repairs on light vehicles such as service work or working closely with a mentor to carry out more complex tasks working with customers to deliver good customer service

yes I have learnt how to check for misfires just by checking current draw on cranking. I have learnt multiple new function on elsa pro and on guided fault finding.

I love my programme. I have a great group of friends at work who support me where needed at the NLC there are a great group of trainers who offer all the support I need and go out of their way to help me.

4. How valued do you feel by Volkswagen Group?

I feel valued at work and at the NLC my manager always go out their way to make sure im ok and constantly learning and challenging me. at the nlc I learn everything I need to for my job and they recognise to work I put into doing well

the programme is well structured I always know what im doing every week at the beginning of the week we get a structured layout of the week ahead so I can follow the development and know if we are on track

I get all the support I ask for my trainer is always asking me whether I need anything else or help with anything and always pushing me to do my best.

I get all the support I ask for my employer is always asking me whether I need anything else or help with anything and always pushing me to do my best.

my employer is always will to help me in this area if I need more money im always able to do overtime so my salary is pretty good.

yes my company holds events where im always invited to attend and have a good time. we get discounts at the local gym which I take advantage of to keep fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

9. Would you recommend Volkswagen Group to a friend?

you get to work on premium brands and drive premium cars as a personal vehicle at a discounted price. the level of training and support you get is far superior to other brands so by the end of my apprenticeship I feel ill be ahead of others doing their apprenticeship with other brands.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Volkswagen Group?

be yourself and honest on the interview ask question and sound interested in the role you're applying for because you should be starting a career that you enjoy and this is something you can make a good living from and enjoy.