Marcom Manager at Microsoft

Central London & City
May 2018

My job title is a Marcom manager. My role can be quite varied as I work across many areas of marketing. As my role is quite varied it involves a number of different tasks but key ones include; -Creating content to go out across multiple social media channels -Engaging with our audience on social media - Supporting agency management -Financial Budgeting and Team Operations Management -Creating a great team culture

I am enjoying the experience I am getting being while also earning my BCS Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship and CIM Level 4 Award in Digital Marketing. There are many internal training oppertunities to get involved with. A couple of examples are Microsoft specialist qualifications (Word powerpoint, Excel) and modern marketer courses.

I have loved learning on the job while also getting a qualification. For me this has been a great alternative to university as I always struggled with exams. Everyone is friendly and willing to help.

4. How valued do you feel by Microsoft?

I get regular feedback from my manager and other employees I have worked with which makes me feel valued.

I am on a new course so they are still learning as we are so it has been slihgtly more difficult than other peoples experiences. However the overall experience is good.

Support from the training provider is average as it is a new course so they are learning with us, however I can imagein this will improve.

I have received great support from my manager and team. They have been willing to help me with every step of my journey and answered the many questions I had.

The salary is goog for an apprentice. I am still living at home so it has allowed me to save alot over the course of my apprenticeship.

There are many opportunities you can get involved with on top of your apprenticeship. An example is I helped at Future Decoded which is Microsoft UK's biggest event. There are also a number of groups you can join which allow you to go out and speak to schools about apprenticeships.

9. Would you recommend Microsoft to a friend?

Id recommend Microsoft to a friend as I have had a great experience in every aspect during my apprenticeship.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Microsoft?

When applying to Microsoft I recommend just being yourself. You aren't expected to have lots of experience and qualifications. I recommend this apprenticeship to anyone who is looking for an alternative to university.