1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assistant Quantity Surveyor, managing subcontract packages, managing change control process
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Studying towards BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying, attend internal training/workshops
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Great way to learn on the job whilst gaining a qualification
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
6 monthly reviews
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Training sessions more than 1 day should be scheduled outside the college/university calendar
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Staff available at university for guidance if required
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Great team, always available for guidance and advice
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Good salary whilst learning
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Can get involved with different events/activities/fundraising opportunities
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
Good career path with learning opportunities
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
Don't stress over the application process, it is quite formal however the people involved in the process are friendly.