1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assistant Financial Analyst, management accounting, budgets, forecasting and managing/tracking expenditure
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
CIMA Certificate and intermediary excel skills, external and internal professional training courses
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme has been good so far and has presented me with numerous opportunities
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
I feel like valued within my organisation, but not largely externally in the civil service
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel that the programme could use slight improvement in terms of the recruitment process
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have a Kaplan mentor who comes in occasionally to do assignments with me.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
my team are very supportive and understanding of the pressures of my apprenticeship and allow me time to work.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I feel that the pay is sufficient for my living costs, however transport support would be useful
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I have participated in numerous external voluntary events and company events and activities
9. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend?
the scheme itself is good and well balanced and presents numerous opportunities
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service?
Prepare for interviews and be proactive, take your time with the application process
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!