Trainee Pharmacy Advisor at Boots

South East
May 2018

Connect with Boots

I am Trainee Pharmacy Advisor. My day to day tasks entail taking in and handing out prescriptions, dispensing prescriptions and self checking my work, putting stock away, communicating with customers, ordering medication, sorting out repeat medication for patients. I have to ensure that patient safety is being followed every step I take in my job. I also help patients that come to get advice about any health queries they might have and help to recommend medication for their ailments.

I am in the process of earning a BTEC Level 2 in Pharmaceutical Science, NVQ Level 2 in Pharmacy Services and reading modules of the Pharmacy Advisor Programme that gives a me a better idea of what to recommend to patients that come to us for advise.

I enjoy working within a team, and meeting new people. I also like communicating with customers and helping them with any issues they have. I have a good work/life balance which is good. I like that I will also achieve a qualification at the end of my apprenticeship.

4. How valued do you feel by Boots?

We have regular progress reviews with our line manager and with my assessor.

I have regular workshops in the nearest city which ensures I am on track with my learning. I also have 3.5 hours a week to complete my assignment writing whilst I'm at work. I also have phone calls with my assessor every couple of months telling them what I've been up to and what I've learnt.

I have an instore mentor which is one of our pharmacists. I also have an assessor which marks all the work I upload, they come back with any things i could change etc. We also have a whatsapp group so all the apprentices can reach our assessor easily.

I feel comfortable to go to my manager about any problems or queries I have and get support and answers.

As an apprentice, I am impressed with my wage at Boots. It covers my day-to-day living.

I'm not sure.

9. Would you recommend Boots to a friend?

It's a good company to work for and you are well looked after. There are many benefits like cheaper cinema tickets, theme park tickets etc and good discount.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Boots?

Put as much preparation into the interview, perhaps take something that shows all your past achievements. Show ambition and drive in your interview.