Aftersales at Vauxhall

Degree Apprenticeship
April 2018

Connect with Vauxhall

8 /10

I work within Aftersales as a 'Product & Pricing Coordinator'. My daily tasks are to assist with the Direct From Supplier (DFS) network. This means handling retailer queries and Liaising with Suppliers to solve any issues.

I have developed by Excel skills, Timekeeping as I have many working deadline as well as university deadlines.

I love that I am getting a degree whilst getting relevant industry specific experience. My team are really lovely and I thoroughly enjoy my role

4. How valued do you feel by Vauxhall?

My manager makes me feel valued as they have on many occasions praised my work, either directly to me or to others. I have been nominated for an award within the first 3 months into my role for my customer service ability. This makes me feel really good about my work and encourages me to develop.

With the organisational changes there has been some confusion but I know who I can go to when I have a question and I always get a response. So i am happy with the structure of the organisation.

There have been many training opportunities within my work place: Respect & Dignity Excel

We also get time for University work.

My employer ensures I am able to juggle my work. I missed a coursework deadline and they worked with me and the University to try and make a plan to understand why this happened and tried to get access to allow me to complete the missed work.

I am happy with my salary,it sis more than enough to cover all my essential needs and costs. I'm just awful at Budgeting

Vauxhall has CSR days which can be a lot of fun! I also get a discount at my local David LLoyd Gym.

9. Would you recommend Vauxhall to a friend?

Its a employee friendly work place, you get lots of support to aid development.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Vauxhall?

Experience and learning is present in many opportunities without you realising. Prepare a presentation to aid your CV, as Vauxhall like this. Finally, Just be you! (but a professional you!)